Fill out your name and follow the link below to make the final payment for Zion that covers food, shuttle transportation, t-shirts, and recreation.
Unfortunately, due to an insufficient number of participants, this trip has had to be cancelled. Be sure to look out for additional trips on the website in the future!
Trailblazers Meeting Minutes (2/24/14)
1) Green Alliance Tomorrow
- did not receive feedback so we will not be attending
2) CSC Day of Service Tomorrow
-Sam is the point of contact
- Set up at 9:30
- Event will last from 10:00 – 2:00
- Walter will set up (and maybe Breanna)
- Non and Breanna will be there between 10:00 – 11:00
- Andrew from 11-12
- Kyle from 12-2
- Sam from 1-2
-Flyer for ASB as well
3) Presidents’ Council
-Suggestion: have position-specific email addresses (Pres., VP’s, Treasurer, Webmaster, Quartermaster)
-Move to right after spring break this year
-Move to January or February in future years
- will allow a transition period so that the old exec can actually show the newbies what they do/how to do it
-Move Exec Retreat to Jan/Feb as well
5) Exec Retreat: Tentatively April 11-12
-Following elections on March 24th
6) Georgia Tool Bank – could be a useful source of tools if need be for future local break trips
Jenn: Review feasibility of Leo’s and Kyle’s trips
Breanna: send Sweatwater participants info about Sam’s ASB
Walter: Purchase shelving from Target next weekend
Marc: Design trip t-shirts
- State outline, quote, scene
Non: get people to go to basketball event on Sunday
SGA Meeting Tomorrow
-Katherine and maybe Andrew at 11:00
-Kyle and Matthew at 7:30
-give a 3 minute talk about Trailblazers and associated costs
Meeting Minutes 2/17/14
Who is your fave Disney Hero and Why? Ally-Alladin, Jen-Hercules, Kelsey-Alladin, Kyle-Woody-“follows a complete arc, he really changes throughout the whole film”, Breanna-Anna from Frozen or Tiana from Princess and the Frog and she’s cool and stuff, Katherine-Merida from Brave, Walter-Bert from Mary Poppins, Non-Tarzan, just yeah, he can swing on vines and talk to the apes, Russell-Wallee, Matt-Woody, Leo-Iron Man, Andrew-Alladin-b/c he’s an underdog and not afraid to bend the rules, Marc-Simba-because he’s pretty chill
Green Alliance-next Tuesday @ 11 am 25th
Sam learned many things during WFA
CSC Forum-Tuesday 25th, 10am to 2pm-Jen, Sam, and Non @ 11
Breanna’s trip this week-leaving IC @9
Few issues with PayPal -make sure it says your trip
Sam’s trip-4 people signed up -Just need to figure out recreation -info session is THIS Thursday in the Crescent Room 7pm , flyering this week! -So CAN I GET PIZZA FOR THAT? YES
Zion-everything has been set up, nothing cancelled yet -practice trip March 1-2: Thursday Patty will send out itinerary, 18 people, take off sign ups tonight , RAMEN, TRIP: native species control
Quarter Master-shelving $120 ish each
Marc website-showing how to use pay pal on forms
TB Meeting minutes 2/10/14
What’s everyone doing with their SECOND SNOWJAM day?!?
Non/Matt/Little Bo-will probably be studying because of al the tests pushed back
Russel was supposed to have TWO tests tomorrow but they got pushed back so tonight he’ll do nothing, Katherine-work, Kelsey-work, Ally-working at Rocky all day (come visit her!!!), Jen-various projects, Patrick-studying and submitting buzzfunds and 1981, Leo-study, 4 tests this week but they got cancelled,Walter-watch movies and make French flash cards, Non thought he said he was gonna make French fries and Jen wants French Toast
1) Green Alliance Meeting open forum
-Sam, Kyle going
-same day as CSC tabling, we need to split up our members
-Non, Jen, Breanna
-PDawg will be interviewing for Grad school! WOOT!
-Ally will set up a sign up for CSC tabling
2) Sweetwater Creek, Feb 22nd, leave at 9am, work around 10
-work 10 to 2
-collapsed mill on premisis
-29 people signed up
-15 car spots? But PDawg can go, cut down to 21 people, 29 is a large group, but good job with the Weekly Digest!
-refund about 10 people, can be done online through PayPal
-Breanna needs work gloves and first aid kit from Non
3) Quarter Master Update (Walter)
-don’t have online inventory yet, but he will get on that
-looking into shelving
4) ASB-funding is coming along
-PDawg can’t refund a lot because they already purchased something SGA doesn’t allow refunding (which is most of the traveling costs)
-Info session for Sam’s trip NEXT week, date TBD, talk to Ally about advertising for it
-PDawg talked to Marc about fixing website, appears to be working
-he will have a red list laid out for if things go badly
-finances-collected $500 for each participant all spent on airfare, reimbursed for shuttle purposes
-20 sounds like cap for the pre-trip, not opened for general public
5) Treasurer: Russell-still in the black not in the red
-dues $35 per semester per person
-Matt, send Ally Ad stuff for housing!!!
7) Trailblazers for Tech Beautification day March 29th, (Kelsey)
-should we plan one?
-Jen, another club looking to work with us? So Kelsey would just be involved with leading it
8) Non’s trip was great! Got to build trails, and walked past part of trail we did last semester, went canoeing, Sam and Non paired up in one canoe, and Sam said “I think we are taking on water” and Sam said “We should hurry up we are talking on more water” and Non didn’t feel it and was super dry, Sam was calm but super wet, Non saw a backpack fly onto the bank, and was up to his chest in water, once they were on the bank they gave their bags to Kelsey and Sam went to the front and Non went to the back in the canoe, the current was pretty fast and Sam said “Non, there’s a tree coming!!!” and they hit the tree and went into the water again!
On March 8th, the Trailblazers will be doing service work and hiking at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. We will meet in the IC Parking Lot at 7:15AM and drive up to Kennesaw. The plan is to work with the Kennesaw Mountain Trail Club from 8:15 – 1:00 constructing a new trail for the park. After that, we will have lunch and spend the afternoon hiking around the mountain and park. The plan is to return to Tech around 5:00PM depending on how much hiking the group wants to do. Please bring a lunch and plenty of water. The cost of the trip will be $5 per person to cover gas. Hope to see everyone out on the trail! Contact Matthew Kaune at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Sign Ups are Closed
-Cost is $11.
-16 Mile backpacking loop in the Cohutta Wilderness area.
Depart GT at 11 am Saturday, 1 March. Return 4 pm Sunday, 2 March.
-Anyone can sign up, but spots are limited and priority will go to those on the Zion ASB trip.
Trailblazers 2/3/2014 Meeting Notes
- Andrew has a sinus infection
- Snow days: PDawg studied, Peter was sick, Sam walked to Publix and played in the snow, Non cleared out his fridge and now he has a new set of food, Matt went sledding and built a 7 foot tall snowman, new Kyle slept and ate and couldn’t get out of his driveway because it was icy, Kyle did his best to do school work, Walter went sledding and made clam chowder, Russell was stuck in his room with his roommate and roommate’s girlfriend, Katherine watched movies, Andrew had his sinus infection and watched the first season of New Girl
- Non’s trip is full with 12 people, 3 drivers, going to Chattahoochee Bend state park, it might rain, and working in the rain is ok, 50% chance of rain, if it does rain we might not be able to canoe
- Rocky Mt. Pizza, awesome, but not expecting much from it, but good to show SGA we are trying to gain money at other resources
- Sam’s ASB trip: talked with Brenna, lots of details on the service and where we are staying, still figuring out recreation, still getting back to group size she wants, it’s moving along well, meeting with a SGA guy about submitting the bill; Ally has already sent the flyers to housing today
- PDawg has a cool ringtone on his phone
- ASB Zion funding: Kyle and Leo still need to look up Sustainability fund, it’s for new organizations and we might not qualify for it says Andrew
- Breanna tried to apply for Honors Program Fund, but we are not eligible
- Patrick’s prep trip for Zion @ Cohutta, 11am March 1st to 4pm March 2nd, it will be a Trailblazers event to prepare for the Zion trip, but anyone is welcome who is on exec, but no advertising b/c we want to keep it small, and it’s mainly for spring break preparation. The hike is 15.5 miles
10. Quarter Master-FOUND first aid kit, Walt can you make an online record of our stuffs?
11. Tabling on February 27th ideas for service?
12. SAA guy going to bring Tshirts
Come join the Georgia Tech Trailblazers for a day of hiking and service at Sweetwater Creek State Park, on Saturday, February 22nd! Though it’s only 30 minutes from campus, it’s definitely a world away. We’ll be doing some trailwork for a few hours in the morning, taking a break for lunch, and then spending time enjoying the miles of beautiful trails that Sweetwater has to offer. Please pack your own lunch and a water bottle of some sort, and be prepared for possible cold weather. Signups are limited to 15 people, so sign up soon!
Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Departure: 9 am from the IC/Student Center parking lot
Return: No later than 6 pm; dependent on the time we decide to spend hiking
Update: Sorry, signups are closed now.
Marc post minutes online
Breanna google share
Robust group 10- 12 people
Less than 3 hours away
Community service: Tree removal (4 days)
In Tennessee border NC, Cherokee national Forest
Hiking in community service site
-Submit this week/ next week housing flyer
-info session: a week before sign ups close, plasma promo (week of 17th)
-SGA bill (Kyle and Leo show up, please)… Sam will send out an overall help email to exec. To come to the SGA bill meeting
Patrick will send out basic write up already done for SGA bill?
Kyle and Leo look up and see if we should get involved Georgia Tech sustainability fund
Fundraising honors program
3rd week of February close date
Flyer together advertising-skiles
-FEB 10TH CHALKING EVERYONE AFTER THE MEETING
No refunds for any reason
All drop outs are final
Jen- Pay prior to local breaks trip- difficulties with website, fix for after Non
Friday April 11th- Sat. April 12th: Exec. Retreat